Now more than ever I think of OS X and Apple hardware as the luxury end of the
consumer PC market. There’s so much about OS X that I prefer to Windows but I’m
also aware that I’m paying an extreme premium for the experience.

However, It’s been a long time since I’ve considered Apple hardware to be an
optimal choice for creative professionals per se, never mind 3d professionals.
The iMac Pro is a lustful piece of consumer electronics for sure but it would
be a exceptionally odd choice for a 3d professional.