Hi Morten

The information you have is slightly outdated.
Please see the new help page with that information, the blue text:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.royalrender.de_help8_index.html-3FGPUrender.html&d=DwIB-g&c=76Q6Tcqc-t2x0ciWn7KFdCiqt6IQ7a_IF9uzNzd_2pA&r=GmX_32eCLYPFLJ529RohsPjjNVwo9P0jVMsrMw7PFsA&m=gdMr_f37o4bKB7VYty_FMlIAdSBGIG4T-QeCba-XE_s&s=5GH2cSbMNiro6-4KHBj9VdO0YqBQ8cFfTaTXPKjKyk0&e=
You can use Geforce cards within a service since some time. Depending on your
RR version, you have to change the rrClient config and
enable that the GPU is available within a service.

The -UITakeOverService is there to run the client as service AND as an
application.
In case you need the application mode sometimes and otherwise log out.

Depending on your RR version, you can tell RR to use one GPU per job thread on
each client.
And decide that some threads accept GPU jobs only, while the first one takes
all jobs (e.g. Arnold)
The latest RR support up to 8 job threads.
The rrClient UI and the rrControl client table are showing a summed GPU usage
of each client.
Starting with 8.2 the job thread settings are not part of the client config
preset any more.
Which means you can use the same client config preset for non-GPU and GPU
rendering.

Holger Schönberger
technical director
The day has 24 hours, if that does not suffice, I will take the night

RR/win_rrClient.bat link. I am