: I would like to know if there is a way to support prefix, phrase, etc queries
: in solr.  I know that the queries, such as solr* and "solr" would do the
trick,
: but I am looking for a solution similar to the SolrQueryParser defaultOperator
: setting (with q.op={OR|AND} or in the schema config file).
:
: If such support does not exist, would it be a useful thing to have?

I'm having a little trouble understanding what you mean ... can you
elaborate with some examples (both of what the configuration would look
like, and what hte behavior would be with some example inputs)

-Hoss