On 5/29/07, Ryan McKinley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What are your final thoughts on the NIO issues in SOLR-128?  Should we
change:
  <New class="org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector">
to:
  <New class="org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector">

Since it looks like it makes a big difference for Windows, I'd be in
favor of switching it (it was normally slightly faster in Unix too,
but nothing anyone would notice with real queries).
NIO's "Use this connector for many frequently idle connections and for
threadless continuations" doesn't seem to really apply to Solr anyway.

or was it just a python client error?

On Linux, it looks like it's a sub-optimal python client design,
nothing to do with the Solr server.

-Yonik