On 5/30/07, Ryan McKinley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : everything looks good license-wise to me.
>
> I forgot LICENSE.txt has info on all the licenses involved (i thought
> that was just suppose to be ASL and the dependency licenses were all
> listed in NOTICES.txt)
>
> LICENSE.txt still refers to Jetty 5.1,

updated in rev 542755

The licenses pointed to in 5.1 no longer exist -- it looks like they are
now using their own implementation or bundling it under the same apache
license now

- - example/etc/LICENSE.javax.servlet.txt
- - example/etc/LICENSE.javax.xml.html
- - example/etc/LICENSE.jsse.txt

We actually don't need to mention anything for Jetty in LICENSE.txt if
it's all under the ASL2.0  But what about the CDDL license?

I think we probably need their NOTICE file though (copy it into ours).

According to the ASL 2.0:
    (d) If the Work includes a "NOTICE" text file as part of its
        distribution, then any Derivative Works that You distribute must
        include a readable copy of the attribution notices contained
        within such NOTICE file, excluding those notices that do not
        pertain to any part of the Derivative Works, in at least one
        of the following places: within a NOTICE text file distributed
        as part of the Derivative Works; within the Source form or
        documentation, if provided along with the Derivative Works; or,
        within a display generated by the Derivative Works, if and
        wherever such third-party notices normally appear. The contents
        of the NOTICE file are for informational purposes only and
        do not modify the License. You may add Your own attribution
        notices within Derivative Works that You distribute, alongside
        or as an addendum to the NOTICE text from the Work, provided
        that such additional attribution notices cannot be construed
        as modifying the License.

-Yonik