: right, but what should be the role of committers voting in the second round?
: Is it:
:
: 1. Rank the entries the committers like best
:  or
: 2. Rank the entries the committers think best represent the community
: preferences.
:
: My understanding of the purpose of the second round is to interpret the
: results of the community poll and cast a binding VOTE.  I think we should

committers should cast their votes as they feel appropriate to best serve
the interests of the community -- it's not really different then voting on
an implementation approach for a feature, or what logging framework to
use, or a decisison to switch from java 1.5 to 1.6 ... we have to make a
subjective decision based on the feedback we've observed from the
community as a whole (with solr-logo-results.html serving as our cliff
notes)

-Hoss