On Dec 4, 2008, at 1:16 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

: 1.  Have solr committers vote to accept:
:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12394070/sslogo-solr-finder2.0.png

The process as outlined on the wiki was that the commiters should have a ranked prefrence vote, after considering the point totals from the first vote. (with the added caveat that a -1 veto needs to be allowed since it's
a vote to commit a change to the project)

Considering the community prefrences expressed, I suggest that the
committers hold a vote of the "high scoring" entries.  Picking a score
of 10 as the cut off, that would give us 10 entries to vote on....

right, but what should be the role of committers voting in the second round? Is it:

1. Rank the entries the committers like best
 or
2. Rank the entries the committers think best represent the community preferences.

My understanding of the purpose of the second round is to interpret the results of the community poll and cast a binding VOTE. I think we should either have committers vote on the community intent is or re- run the poll with the full community, since deciphering the #2 choice is unclear.

As yonik said "fun fun fun"

ryan