Yonik Seeley wrote:

On 12/8/06, Andrew Nagy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I changed the filterCache to the following:
    <filterCache
      class="solr.LRUCache"
      size="25600"
      initialSize="5120"
      autowarmCount="1024"/>

However a search that normally takes .04s is taking 74 seconds once I
use the facets since I am faceting on 4 fields.

The first time or subsequent times?
Is your filterCache big enough yet?  What do you see for evictions and
hit ratio?

Here are the stats, Im still a newbie to SOLR, so Im not totally sure what this all means:
lookups : 1530036
hits : 2
hitratio : 0.00
inserts : 1530035
evictions : 1504435
size : 25600
cumulative_lookups : 1530036
cumulative_hits : 2
cumulative_hitratio : 0.00
cumulative_inserts : 1530035
cumulative_evictions : 1504435

Could you suggest a better configuration based on this?

Can you suggest a better configuration that would solve this performance
issue, or should I not use faceting?

Faceting isn't something that will always be fast... one often needs
to design things in a way that it can be fast.

Can you give some examples of your faceted queries?
Can you show the field and fieldtype definitions for the fields you
are faceting on?
For each field that you are faceting on, how many different terms are in it?

My data is 492,000 records of book data. I am faceting on 4 fields: author, subject, language, format. Format and language are fairly simple as their are only a few unique terms. Author and subject however are much different in that there are thousands of unique terms.

Thanks for your help!
Andrew