Thank you for the quick response. I wil take a look at it.

On 21/03/07, Bertrand Delacretaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 3/21/07, Thierry Collogne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ...I mean if I do the following.
>
>      -  delete all documents from the index
>      -  add all documents
>      -  do a commit.
>
> Will this result in a temporary empty index, or will I always have
results?...

Changes to the index are invisible to the search components until a
<commit/> is sent to Solr, so you should be fine (although personally
I'd feel safer replacing documents in smaller batches).

You could also use the "index switching" mechanism used when
replicating Solr indexes (see
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CollectionDistribution) to prepare the
index in another Solr instance and activate it instantly when needed.

-Bertrand