I'm trying to add a new requestHandler-plugin to Solr by extending
StandardRequestHandler.
However, when starting solr-server after configuration i get a
ClassCastException:

SEVERE: java.lang.ClassCastException:
wrappt.solr.requesthandler.TopListRequestHandler cannot be cast to
org.apache.solr.request.SolrRequestHandler  at
org.apache.solr.core.RequestHandlers$1.create(RequestHandlers.java:149)

I can't get my head around what might be wrong, as I am extending
org.apache.solr.handler.StandardRequestHandler which already implements
org.apache.solr.request.SolrRequestHandler so it must be able to cast i
figure.

Anyone any ideas? below is the code / setup I used.

My handler:
-------------------
package wrappt.solr.requesthandler;

import org.apache.solr.handler.StandardRequestHandler;
import org.apache.solr.request.SolrRequestHandler;

public class TopListRequestHandler extends StandardRequestHandler implements
SolrRequestHandler
{
        //no code here (so it mimicks StandardRequestHandler)
}
------------------

configured in solrconfig as:
<requestHandler name="toplist"
class="wrappt.solr.requesthandler.TopListRequestHandler"/>

added this handler to a jar called: solrRequestHandler1.jar and added this
jar along with  apache-solr-nightly.jar to the \lib directory of my server.
(It needs the last jar  for resolving the StandardRequestHandler. Isnt this
strange btw, because I thought that it would be resolved from solr.war
automatically. )

general solr-info of the server:
        Solr Specification Version: 1.2.2007.10.07.08.05.52
        Solr Implementation Version: nightly ${svnversion} - yonik - 2007-10-07
08:05:52

I double-checked that the included apache-solr-nightly.jar are the same
version as the deployed server by getting the latest nightly build and
getting the .jars and .war from it.

Furthermore, I noticed that org.apache.solr.request.StandardRequestHandler
is deprecated. Note that I'm extending
org.apache.solr.handler.StandardRequestHandler. Is it possible that this has
anything to do with it?

with regards,
Geert-Jan