On 8/5/2014 7:04 AM, Ali Nazemian wrote:
> I changed solr 4.9 to write index and data on hdfs. Now I am going to
> connect to those data from the outside of solr for changing some of the
> values. Could somebody please tell me how that is possible? Suppose I am
> using Hbase over hdfs for do these changes.

I don't know how you could safely modify the index without a Lucene
application or another instance of Solr, but if you do manage to modify
the index, simply reloading the core or restarting Solr should cause it
to pick up the changes. Either you would need to make sure that Solr
never modifies the index, or you would need some way of coordinating
updates so that Solr and the other application would never try to modify
the index at the same time.

Thanks,
Shawn