Alexandre:

It Depends (tm) of course. It all hinges on the setting in <autocommit>,
whether <openSearcher> is true or false.

In the former case, you, well, open a new searcher. In the latter you don't.

I agree, though, this is all tangential to the memory consumption issue since
the RAM buffer will be flushed regardless of these settings.

FWIW,
Erick