Thank you for the reply Eric.
I am sorry I had wrong information posted. I posted our DEV env
configuration by mistake.
After double checking our stress and Prod Beta env where we have found the
original issue, I found all the searchers have around 50 GB of RAM
available and two instances of JVM running (2 different ports). Both
instances have 12 GB allocated. The rest 26 GB is available for the OS. 1st
 instance on a host has search1 collection (live collection) and the 2nd
instance on the same host  has search2 collection (for full indexing ).

There is plenty room for OS related tasks. Our issue is not in anyway
related to OS starving as shown from our dashboards.
We have been through
https://lucidworks.com/blog/understanding-transaction-logs-softcommit-and-commit-in-sorlcloud/
a lot of times but  we have two modes of operation
a)  1st collection (Live traffic) - heavy searches and medium indexing
b)  2nd collection (Not serving traffic) - very heavy indexing, no searches

When our indexing finishes we swap the alias for these collection . So
essentially we need to have a configuration that can support both the use
cases together. We have tried a lot of different configuration options and
none of them seems to work. My suspicion is that solr cloud is unable to
keep up with the updates at the rate we are sending while it is trying to
be consistent with all the replicas.

Vijay Sekhri