Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I am just beginning with the solr, so not much familiar with the settings
of the solr. I have created solr "collection1" core with the following
command.

bin/solr create -c collection1

Then modified the managed-schema file to add required field definitions

There were no changes made in the solrconfig.xml file except added that
<updateRequestProcessorChain default="true"></updateRequestProcessorChain>
block.

I can see below code defined in my solrconfig.xml file by default.

<initParams path="/update/**,/query,/select,/tvrh,/elevate,/spell,/browse">
<lst name="defaults">
    <str name="df">_text</str>
</lst>
</initParams>

<initParams path="/update/**">
<lst name="defaults">
    <str name="update.chain">add-unknown-fields-to-the-schema</str>
</lst>
</initParams>

*While for <requestHandler/> I think its below one?*

<requestHandler name="/update/extract"
                startup="lazy"
                class="solr.extraction.ExtractingRequestHandler" >
<lst name="defaults">
    <str name="lowernames">true</str>
    <str name="fmap.meta">ignored_</str>
    <str name="fmap.content">_text</str>