On 3/26/2015 12:03 AM, Nitin Solanki wrote:
> Great thanks Shawn...
> As you said -  **For 204GB of data per server, I recommend at least 128GB
> of total RAM,
> preferably 256GB**. Therefore, if I have 204GB of data on single
> server/shard then I prefer is 256GB by which searching will be fast and
> never slow down. Is it?

Obviously I cannot guarantee it, but I think it's extremely likely that
with that much memory, performance will be very good.

One other possibility, which is discussed on that wiki page I linked, is
that your java heap is being almost exhausted and large amounts of time
are spent in garbage collection.  If you increase the heap from 4GB to
5GB and see performance get better, then that would be confirmed.  There
would be less memory available for caching, but constant garbage
collection would be a much greater problem than the disk cache being too
small.

Thanks,
Shawn