Thank you for your suggestions.

I can't do a proper testing on that yet as I'm currently using a 4GB RAM
normal PC machine, and all these probably requires more RAM that what I
have.
I've tried running the setup with 20 synonyms file, and the system went Out
of Memory before I could test anything.

For your option 2), do you mean that I'll need to download a synonym
database (like the one with over 20MB in size which I have), and index them
into an Ad Hoc Solr Core to manage them?

I probably can only try them out properly when I can get the server machine
with more RAM.

Regards,
Edwin