On 8/7/2015 11:47 AM, naga sharathrayapati wrote:
> JVM-Memory has gone up from 3% to 17.1%

In my experience, a healthy Java application (after the heap size has
stabilized) will have a heap utilization graph where the low points are
between 50 and 75 percent.  If the low points in heap utilization are
consistently below 25 percent, you would be better off reducing the heap
size and allowing the OS to use that memory instead.

If you want to track heap utilization, JVM-Memory in the Solr dashboard
is a very poor tool.  Use tools like visualvm or jconsole.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems#Java_Heap

I need to add what I said about very low heap utilization to that wiki page.

Thanks,
Shawn