I didn't find any increase in indexing throughput by adding shards in the
same machine.

However, I've managed to feed the index to Solr from more than one thread
at a time. It can take up to 3 threads without affecting the indexing
speed. Anything more than that, the CPU will hit 100%, and the indexing
speed in all the threads will be reduced.

Regards,
Edwin