Please be very careful using the core admin UI for anything related to
SolrCloud. In fact, I try to avoid using it at all.

The reason is that it is very low-level, and it is very easy to use it
incorrectly. For instance, reloading a core in a multi-replica setup
(doesnt matter whether it's several shards or just a single shard with
multiple replicas) will reload _only_ that core, leaving the other
replicas in your collection with the old configs.

Always use the collections API if at all possible, see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API

Best,
Erick