hi Shawn

Thanks for your comprehensive answers.  I really appreciate it.  Just for
clarity, the numbers I posted here were from tests that we isolated only one
single fq and a q.  These do have good times, even though its almost 600ms.
Once we are in application mode, and other fq's and facets etc are added,
query times go as bad as 7 seconds (which I personally observed).

But you did give us a lot to work with, especially I think in the arena of
commit strategies and cache usage.  We'll do some more tests with different
strategies in this area.

Thanks
Anria