On 1/14/2016 1:01 PM, Anria B. wrote:
> Here is a stacktrace of when we put a &fq in the autowarming, or in the
> "newSearcher" to warm up the collection after a commit.
<snip>
> org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore - org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error
> opening new searcher. exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearchers=10, try again

This message means that you are doing repeated commits faster than the
amount of time that it takes for the previous commit to finish.  It
looks like you've increased the maxWarmingSearchers value ... which will
usually make any performance problem even worse.

Warming the caches takes time, and must be done on every commit.

Your commit frequency should allow one commit to completely finish
before doing another one.

Thanks,
Shawn