I tried the function query route, but getting a weird exception.

*bf=if(termfreq(ContentGroup,'Developer Doc'),-20,0)* throws an exception
*org.apache.solr.search.SyntaxError: Missing end quote for string at pos 29
str='if(termfreq(ContentGroup,'Developer'* . Does it only accept single word
or there's something wrong with the syntax? It seems to work if only use
'Developer' as a single term.

I was trying to explore the negative boost route. From the documentation,

"Negative query boosts have been supported at the "Query" object level for a
long time (resulting in negative scores for matching documents). Now the
QueryParsers have been updated to handle this too."

I'm struggling to figure the usage for this. To me, it seems like having the
same effect in boost query if I use either

*(*:* -ContetGroup:"Developer")^99*  or *ContenGroup-local:Developer^-99*

But, both cannot be used in conjunction with other bq parameters.

*bq=Source:simplecontent^10 Source:Help^20 ContenGroup-local:Developer^-99*
doesn't work, which I thought would be.