I set the heap to 16 mb and tried to index about 350k records using a DIH.
This did throw an OOM for that particular thread in the console, but the
oom script wasn't called and solr was running properly.
Moreover, solr also managed to index all 350k records.

Is this the correct way to o about getting solr to throw an oom?
If so where did I go wrong?
If not, what other alternative is there?

Thanks.

PS. I tried to start solr with really low memory (abt. 2k) but that just
threw an error saying too small a heap and the JVM didn't start at all.

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016, 07:57 Shawn Heisey, <apa...@elyograg.org> wrote:

> On 3/13/2016 8:13 PM, Binoy Dalal wrote:
> > I made the necessary changes to that oom script?
> > How does it look now?
> > Also can you suggest some way of testing it with solr?
> > How do I make solr oom on purpose?
>
> Set the java heap really small.  Not entirely sure what value to use.
> I'd probably start with 32m and work my way down.  With a small enough
> heap, you could probably produce OOM without even trying to USE Solr.
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn
>
> --
Regards,