Hi Shawn,
The JIRA issue is SOLR-8803 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8803
).
I've used "git diff" and created a patch but it only has the changes that I
made to the solr.cmd file under bin to add the -XX:OnOutOfMemoryError
option.
There's the entire file of the actual OOM kill script that does not show in
the patch.
Do I upload this file along with the patch or is there something else I've
to do to put in the new file.
Please advise.

Thanks.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 7:03 PM Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org> wrote:

> On 3/8/2016 5:13 AM, Binoy Dalal wrote:
> > I've just finished writing a batch oom killer script and it seems to work
> > fine.
> >
> > I couldn't try it on the actual solr process since I'm a bit stumped on
> how
> > I can make solr throw an oom at will.
> > Although I did write another code that does throw an oom upon which this
> > script is called and the running solr process is killed.
> >
> > I would like to know how I should proceed from here with submitting the
> > code for review etc.
>
> Open an Improvement issue on the SOLR project in Apache's Jira with a
> title like "OOM killer for Windows" and a useful description.  Clone the
> source code from git, make your changes/additions.  Create a patch using
> "git diff" and upload it using SOLR-NNNN.patch as the filename -- the
> same name as the Jira issue.
>
> Making Solr OOM on purpose is possible, but it is usually better to
> write a small test program with an intentional memory leak.
>
> I wonder if we can write a test for OOM death.
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn
>
> --
Regards,