On 3/16/2016 8:27 PM, YouPeng Yang wrote:
> Hi Shawn
>    Here is my top screenshot:
>
>    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jaw10mkmipz943y/topscreen.jpg?dl=0
>
>    It is captured when my system is normal.And I have reduced the memory
> size down to 48GB originating  from 64GB.

It looks like you have at least two Solr instances on this machine, one
of which has over 600GB of index data, and the other has over 500GB of
data.  There may be as many as ten Solr instances, but I cannot tell for
sure what those Java processes are.

If my guess is correct, this means that there's over a terabyte of index
data, but you only have about 100GB of RAM available to cache it.  I
don't think this is enough RAM for good performance, even if the disks
are SSD.  You'll either need a lot more memory in each machine, or more
machines.  The data may need to be divided into more shards.

I am not seeing any evidence here of high CPU.  The system only shows
about 12 percent total CPU usage, and very little of it is system (kernel).

Thanks,
Shawn