From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_luc...@fucit.org]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 2:26 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping onDeckSearchers=2

: What I'm wondering is, what should one do to fix this issue when it
: happens. Is there a way to recover? after the WARN appears.

It's just a warning that you have a sub-optimal situation from a performance
standpoint -- either committing too fast, or warming too much.
It's not a failure, and Solr will continue to serve queries and process updates
-- but meanwhile it's detected that the situation it's in involves wasted
CPU/RAM.

: In my observation, this WARN comes when I hit frequent hard commits or
: hit re-load config. I'm not planning on to hit frequent hard commits,
: however sometimes accidently it happens. And when it happens the
: collection crashes without a recovery.

If you're seeing a crash, then that's a distinct problem from the WARN -- it
might be related tothe warning, but it's not identical -- Solr doesn't always
(or even normally) crash in the "Overlapping onDeckSearchers"
sitaution

So if you are seeing crashes, please give us more detials about these
crashes: namely more details about everything you are seeing in your logs (on
all the nodes, even if only one node is crashing)