On 3/22/2016 11:32 AM, Aswath Srinivasan (TMS) wrote:
> Thank you Shawn for taking time and responding.
>
> Unfortunately, this is not the case. My heap is not even going past 50% and I
> have a heap of 10 GB on a instance that I just installed as a standalone
> version and was only trying out these,
>
> •       Install a standalone solr 5.3.2 in my PC
> •       Indexed some 10 db records
> •       Hit core reload/call commit frequently in quick internals
> •       Seeing the  o.a.s.c.SolrCore [db] PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping
> onDeckSearchers=2
> •       Collection crashes
> •       Only way to recover is to stop solr – delete the data folder – start
> solr – reindex
>
> In any case, if this heap related issue, a solr restart should help, is what
> I think.

That shouldn't happen.

Since you've already reproduced it on a small scale, we'll need your
entire Solr logfile.  The mailing list eats attachments, so you'll need
to place it somewhere and provide a URL.  Sites like gist and dropbox
are excellent for sharing large text content.

More questions:

Do you literally mean 10 records (a number I can count on my fingers)?
How much data is in each of those DB records?  Which configset did you
use when creating the index?

You mentioned a 10GB heap and then said the machine has 8GB of RAM.  Is
this correct?  If so, this would be a source of serious performance issues.

Thanks,
Shawn