On 3/22/2016 6:38 AM, Robert Brown wrote:
Is it safe to create a new cluster but use an existing config set that's in zookeeper? Or does that config set contain the cluster status too?

I want to (re)-build a cluster from scratch, with a different amount of shards, but not using shard-splitting.

When you say "cluster" what exactly do you mean?

To me, "cluster" in a Solr context means "a bunch of Solr servers." If this is what you mean, there is nothing built in to copy things from an existing cluster. You *can* run multiple SolrCloud clusters on one Zookeeper ensemble.

If you are actually talking about a *collection* when you say "cluster", then what Erick said is 100% correct.

Thanks,
Shawn