Are you absolutely sure you're getting an _ensemble_ and
not just connecting to a single node? My suspicion (without
proof) is that you're just getting one -z option. It'll work as
long as that ZK instance stays up, but it won't be fault-tolerant.

And again you repeated the port (2181) twice.

Best,
Erick