Hi,

So this is what I did:----

I created solr as a service. Below are the steps I followed for that:--

$ tar xzf solr-X.Y.Z.tgz solr-X.Y.Z/bin/install_solr_service.sh
--strip-components=2

$ sudo bash ./install_solr_service.sh solr-X.Y.Z.tgz -i /opt/solr1 -d
/var/solr1 -u solr -s solr1 -p 8501
$ sudo bash ./install_solr_service.sh solr-X.Y.Z.tgz -i /opt/solr2 -d
/var/solr2 -u solr -s solr2 -p 8502

Then to start it in cloud I modified the solr1.cmd.in and solr2.cmd.in in
/etc/defaults/
I added ZK_HOST=192.168.56.103:2181,192.168.56.103:2182,192.168.56.103:2183
(192.168.56.103 is where my 3 zookeeper instances are)

Then I started the 2 solr services solr1 and solr2

Then I created the configset
/bin/solr zk -upconfig -z
192.168.56.103:2181,192.168.56.103:2182,192.168.56.103:2183 -n Liferay -d
server/solr/configsets/sample_techproducts_configs/conf

Then I created the collection using:
http://192.168.56.101:8501/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=dingdong&numShards=1&replicationFactor=2&collection.configName=liferay
This created fine

Then I deleted the solrconfig.xml from the zookeeper Liferay configset

Then I uploaded the new solrconfig.xml to the configset.

When when I do a reload on the collections I get the error. Or I created a new
collection I get the error.

Thanks

Satvinder Singh

Security Systems Engineer