Thanks Renaud.

For me I did this:

1) I created solr cloud using the interactive mode (accepting most default):
$ bin/solr -e cloud

I do that for both the DataCenter1 (DC1) and DataCenter2 (DC2) (in fact
both are on the same machine, just different ports)
By now both clouds have a collection called gettingstarted, each cloud has
2 nodes, 2 shards

2) Each dc is using an ensemble of 3 zookeepers

3) I used the basic config that comes with the install and I upload
configset to zookeeper using:
zkcli.bat -cmd upconfig -zkhost  localhost:2181 -confname gettingstarted
-solrhome C:\solr\solr-6-cloud\solr-6.0.0 -confdir
C:\solr\solr-6-cloud\solr-6.0.0\server\solr\configsets\basic_configs\conf

4) I tested the sites both works fine

5) Then I shut them all (except the zookeepers)

6) change the solrconfig.xml for DC1 to be source

7) change the solrconfig.xml for DC2 to be destination

8) I upload the confg again (update) to zookepper using command in 3

9) then start the 2 clouds using:
# start node 1
solr.cmd start -cloud -p 8985 -s
"C:\solr\solr-6-cloud\solr-6.0.0-dr\example\cloud\node1\solr" -z
localhost:3181
# start node 2
solr.cmd start -cloud -p 7575 -s
"C:\solr\solr-6-cloud\solr-6.0.0-dr\example\cloud\node2\solr" -z
localhost:3181

10) do the same for DC2

The clouds both throw that error about update log that we started with....

A Question at what time you enable CDCR ?

Best Regards,
--Abdel.

--
Abdel K. Belkasri, PhD