Hi all,

I am planning into migrating our application from SolrJ to the SQL interface
and I have some questions regarding some of Solr features…

  *   How can we specify multiple search fields on a keyword. Do we have to
handle everything by ourselves like in regular SQL?

SELECT x,y,z FROM collection1 WHERE title=‘abc” OR description=‘abc’

Is there a special syntax to allow to search into multiple fields at once?

  *   Do you have to generate separate requests to get faceting information?
Would translating the following query into its SQL equivalent require 3 queries?

/select?q=title:abc&facet=true&facet.field=xyz&facet.field=def

  *   If our schema contains a fieldType using a custom similarity class… will
the SQL interface honour that mapping?

  *   The documentation about Streaming Expressions and SQL interface are
referring to terms like “high cardinality” and “very high cardinality”. What do
they exactly mean? Are we talking about hundreds, thousands or millions of
different values? Does this depend on other aspect of the collection like the
size of the documents?

Thanks for your input and guidance

CEB Canada Inc. Registration No: 1781071. Registered office: 199 Bay Street
Commerce Court West, # 2800, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5L 1AP.

This e-mail and/or its attachments are intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and legally privileged information
belonging to CEB and/or its subsidiaries, including SHL. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and immediately, destroy all
copies of this email and its attachments. The publication, copying, in whole or
in part, or use or dissemination in any other way of this e-mail and
attachments by anyone other than the intended person(s) is prohibited.