Hi,

I have an implementation of storing the coordinates in Solr during
indexing.
During indexing, I will only store the value in the field name ="gps". For
the field name = "gps_0_coordinate" and "gps_1_coordinate", the value will
be auto filled and indexed from the "gps" field.

   <field name="gps" type="location" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="false"/>
   <field name="gps_0_coordinate" type="double" indexed="true"
stored="true" required="false"/>
   <field name="gps_1_coordinate" type="double" indexed="true"
stored="true" required="false"/>

But when I tried to do an update on any other fields in the index, Solr
will try to add another value in the "gps_0_coordinate" and
"gps_1_coordinate". However, as these 2 fields are not multi-Valued, it
will lead to an error:
multiple values encountered for non multiValued field gps_0_coordinate:
[1.0,1.0]

Does anyone knows how we can solve this issue?

I am using Solr 5.4.0

Regards,
Edwin