Thanks Shawn

Yup - I created a /lib inside my $SOLR_HOME directory (which by default was
/var/solr/data)

I put the hon_lucene..... jar file in there and rebooted - same errors
about class not found.

Tried again in what looked like the next most obvious spot
server/solr-webapp/webapp/WEB-INF/lib

Same result...  Class not found.

I'll go back and triple check....

Joe - is that recommendation of using the Blob Store API an absolute?  I
know my IT guys are going to want to have the signing - it would be a lot
easier to just drop in jars we care about without worrying about the
signing.  Yes - I'm being lazy, I know. <grin>

Thanks all!