> btw, this *seems* to only work for me with standard search handler. dismax
and fq: dont' seem to get along nicely...

Wouldnt the dismax parser consider the filter query parameter as "type idea"
and not value "idea" for solr field - "type"?
I guess thats the reason this query doesnt work with dismax, the way it
works with the standard search handler. You can add a "debugQuery=true"
parameter to check the actual parsed query.

-Chris

--
Bill Cosby  - "Advertising is the most fun you can have with your clothes
on."