From: Sadheera Vithanage [mailto:sadhee...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2016 5:11 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Load balancing with solr cloud

Hi again Experts,

I have a question related to load balancing in solr cloud.

If we have 3 zookeeper nodes and 3 solr instances (1 leader, 2 secondary
replicas and 1 shard), when the traffic comes in the primary zookeeper server
will be hammered, correct?

I understand (or is it wrong) that zookeeper will load balance between solr
nodes but if we want to distribute the load between zookeeper nodes as well,
what is the best approach.

Cost is a concern for us too.

Thank you very much, in advance.

--