Thank you very much John and Garth,

I've tested it out and it works fine, I can send the updates to any of the
solr nodes.

If I am not using a zookeeper aware client and If I direct all my queries
(read queries) always to the leader of the solr instances,does it
automatically load balance between the replicas?

Or do I have to hit each instance in a round robin way and have the load
balanced through the code?

Please advise the best way to do so..

Thank you very much again..

--