On Mon, 2016-10-24 at 18:27 -0400, Susheel Kumar wrote:
> I am seeing OOM script killed solr (solr 6.0.0) on couple of our VM's
> today. So far our solr cluster has been running fine but suddenly
> today many of the VM's Solr instance got killed.

As you have the GC-logs, you should be able to determine if it was a
slow death (e.g. caches gradually being filled) or a sudden one (e.g.
grouping or faceting on a large new non-DocValued field).

Try plotting the GC logs with time on the x-axis and free memory after
GC on the y-axis. It it happens to be a sudden death, the last lines in
solr.log might hold a clue after all.

- Toke Eskildsen, State and University Library, Denmark