The code is very simple, it looks at a quick glance like it just reads
the words in then the "accept" method just returns true or false based
on whether the text file contains the token.

Are you sure you reloaded your core/collection and pushed the changed
schema to the right place? The admin/analysis page is very helpful
here, your indexing side should have two keep word filters and you
should be able to see each transformation (uncheck the "verbose"
checkbox for more readability.

Best,
Erick