I get your point, the second KeepWordFilter is not keeping anything because
the token it gets is :
"hey you" and the word is supposed to keep is "hey".
Which does clearly not work.

The KeepWordFilter just consider each row a single token ( I may be wrong, i
didn't check the code, I am just asssuming based on your observations).
If you want, you can put a WordDelimiterFilter between the 2 KeepWordFilter.
Configure the WordDelimiterFilter to split on space ( I need to double
check, but it should be possible).

OR
You simply do as Erick suggested, and you just keep the genera in the genus
field.
But as Erick mentioned, you may have problems of entity recognition.

-----