We use New Relic across the site, but it doesn’t split out traffic to different
endpoints. It also cannot distinguish between search traffic to the cluster and
intra-cluster traffic. With four shards, the total traffic is 4X bigger than
the incoming traffic.

We have a bunch of business metrics (orders) and other stuff that is currently
in Graphite. We’ll almost certainly move all that to InfluxDB and Grafana.

The Solr metrics were overloading the Graphite database, so we’re the first
service that is trying InfluxDB.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wun...@wunderwood.org