There are consistent failures under JDK 11 in the automated tests that
Solr/Lucene runs that do not happen for other releases. I personally
haven't tried diving into them to know whether they're test artifacts
or not.

JDK 9 and JKD 10 also have open issues, especially around Hadoop integration.

I would recommend sticking with JDK 8 for the time being, that's the
most tested/used version of Solr. Track
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-12809 for what progress is
made with more recent Java versions.

Best,