On 10/21/2018 01:06 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> You do it with the request, not with the client
For the UpdateRequests it is the "commitWithinMs"-parameter? To me this
parameter sounds like telling the solr-server I need to see this data within "x
ms". As we have autoCommit and autoSoftCommit
    <autoCommit>
       <maxTime>180000</maxTime> <!-- 3min -->
       <openSearcher>false</openSearcher>
     </autoCommit>

      <autoSoftCommit>
        <maxTime>10000</maxTime> <!-- 10sec -->
      </autoSoftCommit>
configured, I think I can/should omit this parameter?

What about when doing a normal query/search, i.e.
solrClient.query( solrQuery );
Where can I reduce the max-search-time I am willing to wait? Or shouldn't I?

Does this also mean I should NOT be setting any timeouts (neither connect nor
so) when creating a SolrClient?

> stacktrace for the threads that worry you.  Do you have that?
All the same:
Thread.sleep(long) line: not available [native method]
IdleConnectionEvictor$1.run() line: 66
Thread.run() line: 748

Again, I am (and always was) aware that these stacktraces indicate no load (at
least not when sleeping), nevertheless I am/was suprised to see that many. If I
know they (come from SolrJ and) indicate no "wrong usage of SolrJ" from my
side, I can live with them 😉