Hi Shawn,

Unfortunately your reply of memory may not be valid. Please refer to my
explanation below of the strange behaviors (is it much more like a BUG than
anything else that is explainable):

Note that we still have 18GB of free unused memory on the server.

1. We indexed the first collection called customers (3.7 millioin records
from CSV data), index size is 2.09GB. The search in customers for any
keyword is returned within 50ms (QTime) for using highlight (unified
highlighter, posting, light term vectors)

2. Then we indexed the second collection called policies (6 million records
from CSV data), index size is 2.55GB. The search in policies for any
keyword is returned within 50ms (QTime) for using highlight (unified
highlighter, posting, light term vectors)

3. But now any search in customers for any keywords (not from cache) takes
as high as 1200ms (QTime). But still policies search remains very fast
(50ms).

4. So we decided to run the force optimize command on customers collection (
https://localhost:8983/edm/customers/update?optimize=true&numSegments=1&waitFlush=false),
surprisingly after optimization the search on customers collection for any
keywords become very fast again (less than 50ms). BUT strangely, the search
in policies collection become very slow (around 1200ms) without any changes
to the policies collection.

5. Based on above result, we decided to run the force optimize command on
policies collection (
https://localhost:8983/edm/policies/update?optimize=true&numSegments=1&waitFlush=false).
More surprisingly, after optimization the search on policies collection for
any keywords become very fast again (less than 50ms). BUT more strangely,
the search in customers collection again become very slow (around 1200ms)
without any changes to the customers collection.

What a strange and unexpected behavior! If this is not a bug, how could you
explain the above very strange behavior in Solr 7.5. Could it be a bug?

We would appreciate any support or help on our above situation.

Thank you.

Regards,
Edwin