You really only have four
1> use exactstats. This won't guarantee precise matches, but they'll be closer
2> optimize (not particularly recommended, but if you're willing to do
it periodically it'll have the stats match until the next updates).
3> use TLOG/PULL replicas and confine the requests to the PULL
replicas. There'll _still_ be some window for mismatches,
    specifically the default is commit_interval/2
4> define the problem away.

Best,
Erick