Indexing speeds are function of a lot of variables in my experience.

What is your setup like?
What kind of cluster you have, the number of shards you created, the number of
machines etc?
Where is your input data coming from? What technology do you use to indexing
(simple java threads or something more robust like flink/spark)?
How many documents do you index at a time?

How many times have u run the indexer job on the new 8.0 setup before
concluding its slower?
Make a matrix of all these variables and test over at least 5 runs before
making an opinion.

I’d love hear more