Hi Edwin,

I'd like to rule something out.  Does your schema define a field "_root_"?
If you don't have nested documents then remove it.  It's presence adds
indexing weight in 8.0 that was not there previously.  I'm not sure how
much though; I've hoped small but who knows.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley