On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 1:10 AM Paras Lehana <paras.leh...@indiamart.com>
wrote:

> Hey rhys,
>
> What David suggested is what we do for querying Solr. You can figure out
> our frontend implementation of Auto-Suggest by seeing the AJAX requests
> fired when you type in the search box on www.indiamart.com.

 That is pretty cool.

I've ended up with something that highlights the match in a results table.
It's working, and the client seems happy with that implementation for now.

> Why are you using two jQuery files? If you have a web server, you already
> know that which core you queried from. Just convert the Solr JSON response
> and add the key "core" and return the modified JSON response. Keep your
> front-end query simple - just describe your query. All the other parameters

We are using 2 jquery versions, because this tool is running a tool that
has an old version of jquery attached to it. Because of that, I'm doing the
trick where you can load 2 different versions at the same time.

> can be added on the web server side. Anyways, why do you want to know the
> core name?

I need to know the core name, because each core has different values in the
documents, and I want to display those values based on which core was
queried.

This is kind of like an omnibox, where the user will just start typing
stuff into it. Based on what is typed, I will search a different core to
provide the right answer to them.

Thanks,

Rhys