Hey Rhys,

We are using 2 jquery versions, because this tool is running a tool that
> has an old version of jquery attached to it.

Umm, okay, if you cannot tweak the tool to use the latest jQuery, I assume
you have used noConflict to handle different versions.

 I need to know the core name, because each core has different values in
> the documents, and I want to display those values based on which core was
> queried.

You use +core+ in your url. I thought you already knew the core name you
queried from so you can use that name in the response as well. Anyways,
echoParams will also do your job. That's actually a nice idea I can also
use! Besides this, I strongly recommend you not to expose solr params or IP
- just deploy a simple layer in between (different port on same server). If
you use perl, build solr query only in the script.

On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 at 21:48, Christian Spitzlay <
christian.spitz...@biologis.com> wrote:

> I was referring to David Hastings' suggestion of shielding solr from
> direct access
> which is something I strongly agree with.
>
> If you're not going with a PHP-based server-side application
> as to not expose your solr directly to the javascript application (and
> thus to possible
> manipulation by an end user) then you obviously won't need solarium.
>
> As Paras Lehana said:
> "Keep your front-end query simple - just describe your query. All the
> other parameters
> can be added on the web server side."
>
> ... that could then be implemented in your Perl code.
>

> Christian
>

> > Am 25.11.2019 um 16:32 schrieb rhys J <rhyssha...@gmail.com>:
> >
> >> if you are taking the PHP route for the mentioned server part then I
> would
> >> suggest
> >> using a client library, not plain curl.  There is solarium, for
> instance:
> >>
> >> https://solarium.readthedocs.io/en/stable/
> >> https://github.com/solariumphp/solarium
> >>
> >> It can use curl under the hood but you can program your stuff on a
> higher
> >> level,
> >> against an API.
> >>

> > I am using jquery, so I am using the json package to send and decode the
> > json that solr sends. I hope that makes sense?
> >
> > Thanks for your tip!
> >
> > Our pages are a combo of jquery, javascript, and perl.
>

> --
>
> Christian Spitzlay
> Senior Software-Entwickler
>
> bio.logis Genetic Information Management GmbH
> Zentrale:
> Olof-Palme-Str. 15
> D-60439 Frankfurt am Main
>
> T: +49 69 348 739 116
> christian.spitz...@biologis.com
> biologis.com
>
> Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. med. Daniela Steinberger
> Firmensitz:  Altenhöferallee 3, 60438 Frankfurt am Main
> Registergericht Frankfurt am Main, HRB 97945

Regards,

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, Auto-Suggest,
IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.

8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142,
Noida, UP, IN - 201303

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*

--
IMPORTANT:
NEVER share your IndiaMART OTP/ Password with anyone.