Hi Grant,

My spellcheck is now working fine with the following configuration:

<searchComponent name="spellcheck" class="solr.SpellCheckComponent">
   <lst name="spellchecker">
      <str name="fieldType">word</str>
      <str name="classname">solr.IndexBasedSpellChecker</str>
      <str name="field">word</str>
      <str name="characterEncoding">UTF-8</str>
      <str
name="sourceLocation">d:\solr-tomcat\solr\data\syn_index</str>
      <str name="spellcheckIndexDir">./spellcheckerFile1</str>
   </lst>
 </searchComponent>

Earlier I configured the lucene-index (dictionary) "syn_index" to the
spellcheckIndexDir as interpreted from the wiki page.
Then I was looking into the file IndexBasedSpellChecker.java and found
the usage of "sourceLocation".
When I configured my lucene-index (dictionary) "syn_index" as
"sourceLocation" the IndexBasedSpellChecker worked.

I have following question / observation : (just to ensure that my
configurations are correct)

The lucene-index (dictionary) "syn_index" is already an index so do we
have to specify the spellcheckIndexDir again?
    (If I do not give the spellcheckIndexDir I do not get any
suggestions.)
When I give the build command the spellcheckIndexDir gets populated
reading the "syn_index". Can we avoid this duplication?

If the "sourceLocation" is mandatory when using a third party index for
spelling suggestions, may I update the Solr WIKI to include this
important information.

Thanks & Best Regards,
~Mukta